Saturday, July 15, 2006

TANZANIA




the first travel to Africa! it was TANZANIA!
People are so poor but their smile was very NICE!!

In the very old house, old grandmother and three children were living there. I was so tired after walking a lot though it's not a lot for people living there.
grandmother told children to bring chair. a child brought chair and put it next to me saying "sit here". two children brought basins. one child has basin with water, the other child has empty basin so that one can pour to the other in front of me and i can wash my hand without standing!
Now grandmother is cooking for me banana dish though she was preparing for their dinner until now. in front of me table was put milk was put and was served burned banana.
Let's pray i was told by grandmother and with children I put my hands together. I felt very good point of Africa and impressed so much.
i thought that people in Tanzania are good at welcoming people.

Through NICE which is NPO, I was going there to do volunteer. I climbed mountain for 45 minuits to build up forest again. in old days, people cut tree in a bad way and tree was growing slantingly. so we cut trees from the root so that they can grow up well people in Tanzania was so powerful as i expected.

i was in a village in the root of kilimanjalo, and walked everyday. one day headache and stomacheache attacked me.

"Are you OK? shall we go to hospital?"
what?! Hospital?! from here to the hospital how far it will be.... firstly i should walk to the bus stop for 30 minuit and from there i should go to town by jammed bus for 1 hour... i was scared so much. though i recovered by medicine but i felt it's so hard without convinient things like in Japan.

Moreover, when i was in bed, i was told " You should pray!!!" again and again. " Say amen, Naomi otherwise you can't recover." in that village, people believe in God so much. on Thursday, it was unbelievable for me. about 10 people come together in one room and and they pray so much more than 30 minuits! saying " No i can't my God... please forgive me, please!!" i couldn't believe that situation and i look at each oher with another japanese who came here with me.

the first travel to Africa was so impressive for me and i remember everything so well.

No comments: