Wednesday, September 20, 2006

“Don’t have sex with men, you should prevent!”~then we Japanese are??~

Hi I’m Naomi Hasegawa. When I went to Kenya for the first time, I said to AIDS patients that “ don’t have sex with men” and I thought why I say such a thing with arrogance?
Do you think “not sleeping with men” equals “preventing?”

No, now I can say that I was wrong in that day.
Let’s think as the matter of us.
I thought so strongly and I made “HIV/AIDS prevent sector” in our NGO, Tumaini Nyumbani.

Three people get HIV per a day in Japan.
In the developed country, the prevalence is growing rapidly than any other developed country.

How should we prevent??
I started to think deeply.

If Kenyan mama say like this,
” I don’t have any choice but sleeping with men because I’m poor.
You say don’t do with men then how you recognize AIDS problem?
How you prevent HIV?”
Then what would you answer?

No comments: